WE ARE EXCITED TO LAUNCH GRACANICA'S FIRST SUMMER CHURCH CAMP!
THE GRACANICA CHURCH SCHOOL IN PARTNERSHIP WITH SOYA "SERBCLUB" OF WINDSOR IS EXCITED TO BRING THE SERBIAN ORTHODOX CHILDREN A DAY CAMP THIS SUMMER SEASON.
COVID HAS PLACED SIGNIFICANT RESTRICTIONS ON OUR SERBIAN CHURCH SCHOOL PROGRAMS AND OUR CHILDREN DURING THE PAST 16 MONTHS.
A DAY CAMP PROVIDES THE OPPORTUNITY TO SPEND QUALITY TIME LEARNING TOGETHER. THIS WILL BE AN OPPORTUNITY FOR THEM TO BE INVOLVED AND ACTIVE DURING THE SUMMER!
SCHEDULE FOR 2021
WEEK 1: JULY 12 - JULY 16
WEEK 2: AUGUST 9 - AUGUST 13
SERBIAN CENTER PICNIC GROUNDS AND KOSOVO HALL
DROP OFF: 8:30 AM
PICKUP: 3 - 4 PM
$250 / WEEK
INCLUDES LUNCH, SNACKS AND ACTIVITIES DAILY
All camp activities and protocols will be in place per the safety guidelines for COVID-19 for day camps produced by the Office of the Chief Medical Officer of Health. This guideline can be viewed here.
Daily screening before drop-off will be required for all campers
Daily temperature checks upon arrival each day
Minimizing the sharing and frequency of touching of objects, toys, equipment and surfaces, and other personal items
Sports equipment, art supplies, shared objects, and frequently touched surfaces will be cleaned and disinfected between use by different cohort groups
Campers will be grouped in consistent cohort camper groups with 10 campers per group with 1 counselor
Physical distancing of 2 meters will be maintained between cohorts. Where physical distancing can not be maintained between cohort groups, mask use will be strongly encouraged.
Promoting and performing frequent hand hygiene
daily activities and schedule
8:30am Class 1
10:00 am Class 2
11:00 am Class 3
1:00pm Class 4
2:00pm Class 5
3:00pm - 4:00pm Snack, Freetime, and Pick up
Campers will be grouped into 5 groups of 10, and rotate between the classes.
Classes include Folklore, Arts & Crafts, Religion w/ Fr. Vladimir, Language & Singing, and Sports & Recreation
REGISTRATION IS REOPENED FOR ALL CHILDREN FOR WEEK 2 OF CAMP
REGISTRATIONS CLOSES JULY 25TH FOR WEEK 2
***PARENTS WILL NEED TO REGISTER CAMPERS AND E-TRANSFER FUNDS TO COMPLETE REGISTRATION.
E-TRANSFERS ARE TO BE SENT TO
QUESTIONS: if you have any questions regarding registration or the camp, please email email@example.com AND firstname.lastname@example.org
PARENTS! WE ARE LOOKING FOR VOLUNTEERS TO HELP WITH SNACK PREPARATIONS FOR THE DAY FROM 8:30a - 9:30a
email email@example.com AND firstname.lastname@example.org
if you are interested and available.
WE ARE LOOKING TO HIRE CAMP COUNSELLORS!
COUNSELLOR POSITIONS WILL BE PAID
We’re so excited that you’re interested in being a camp counsellor and leader for our first ever Gracanica Church Camp!!
Camp counsellors implement, and lead activities for children. Activities generally include arts and crafts, sports, folklore, choir, and religion. Aside from leading children through activities, camp counsellors are also responsible for ensuring the safety and well-being of campers. Camp counsellors usually have a knack for creating an accepting, positive, and wholesome environment.
Camp counsellors must have completed grade 10 or be 16 or older. Having first aid and/or CPR certification is an asset. All hired counsellors will be required to have a completed background check. Camp counsellors should have a passion for working with children, strong communication skills, and are able to multitask.
Download the counsellor information package and application
If you have any questions about the counsellor position or application and interview process please email email@example.com AND firstname.lastname@example.org
Responsibilities for Camp Counsellor
● Ensure a group of assigned campers (about 10 children, aged 6-13) are supervised and safe
● Utilize appropriate behavior management techniques
● Lead a variety of activities that already prepared with your campers
● Model good behavior for campers as it relates to sportsmanship, manners, COVID protocols, Orthodoxy, and respectfulness
● Perform all responsibilities in a manner that guarantees the safety of campers
● Facilitate and encourage participation in camp activities
● Connect and interact with all campers, fostering a positive, fun and inclusive environment.
● Interact with parents, other counsellors, and volunteers in a professional and polite manner
Qualifications for Camp Counsellor
● Have completed Grade 10 or be at least 16 years old
● Be a practicing Orthodox Christian
● Have a high-energy outgoing personality and the ability to connect with children
● Are active, love working with children and spending time outdoors.
● Ability to pass a background check
● Proven ability to maintain a safe environment for others in adherence with provided protocol and standards
● Police clearance will be required on hiring. Depending on recency, previous police clearances may be acceptable.
● Knowledge of Serbian an asset
● First Aid and/or CPR certification an asset
Counsellors will be compensated $650.00 per week of camp they work as a counsellor.